Friday, May 29, 2009

Humbling, but true...

Humbling, but true my baby Toogums hair is kicking my butt ! Now anyone who knows me KNOWS that I pride myself on my ability to "Do" hair. However this is not the case with my sweet baby Toogums. She has definitely reached way back into our ancestory to adorn her cute little head with silky soft locks. I've been told that my hair was much more curly than hers when I was a baby, but I can hardly imagine that based on what adorns my head now. So HUMBLING as it may be I searched a website of a white woman with VERY, VERY good advice on how she cares for curly locks that her sweet baby girl has. A White Woman, I know, I can hardly believe it, ME getting advice from a White Woman about Black Hair! I should be the one GIVING the advice. Well, whatever it takes, I'm gonna do my best for my sweet baby Toogums. Thank you lord for blessing my baby with a beautiful mane, I pray I learn to care for it in such a way that it brings the beauty you intended!

The Phases of Pookie Toogums Hair



The Pregnancy Myth about having heartburn = lots of hair is definetly true! I was definitely a Tums popper while I carried her.






Toogums first styles



'm trying to work it out, I'm getting there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment